08 October 2008

Set List for 08 October 2008

Today's show was a feature on William Parker, all William Parker.  I was going to play "Raining on the Moon" because I thought the vocals by Leena Conquest are ideal for the music.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find WMEB's copy in the library and I left my copy at home.  Ah well, the music from Scrapbook is outstanding as well.

Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite William Parker recording is...I am interested in finding out how you choose an album when each is unique and still of such high quality.

Here is what I played on Streams of Consciousness:
  • William Parker Quartet, "Malachi's Mode", Petit Oiseau (AUM Fidelity)
  • William Parker Quartet, "Harlem", Sound Unity (AUM Fidelity)
  • William Parker Violin Trio, "Dust on a White Shirt", Scrapbook (Thirsty Ear Recordings)
  • William Parker Quartet, "Petit Oiseau", Petit Oiseau (AUM Fidelity)
  • William Parker, "Morning Mantra", Double Sunrise over Neptune (AUM Fidelity)

No comments: